Saturday, May 21, 2011

Things I have learned about myself

I have learned some things about myself these past few weeks and since I treat my blog as my journal I figured I would blog about them.
1. I really like to travel with my husband. Ryan is so easy going and fun. We do have different likes and dislikes but we have enough likes in common that it is fun. I had such a great time in San Francisco.
2. I really like staying in nice hotels, especially when this is my view and I am not paying for the room. When I am paying for the room then The Anaheim Plaza Hotel, aka the crap across the street, is good enough.

3. A good babysitter makes all the difference when I leave my children behind. I never worried about them. I admit I did worry about Rachelle and what my kids were doing to her but I knew that Jack, Jay and Kate were well taken care of.
4. I really like going to baseball games. Even when it's freezing and especially when I have a seat like this one below. I had to buy a scarf and beanie and had three layers of clothes on but it was so fun.

5. The people that I expect to be snobby usually aren't. I met the CEO of Loring Ward, the company that paid for the conference. When we were done talking to him and Ryan mentioned who is was I was so surprised. I never would have thought that he was a CEO he was so normal and down to earth. I also met another woman who had had a lot of plastic surgery. I of course thought fake but then when I was talking to her about her daughter she was so normal. She loves that little girl and it was very apparent talking to her. I know I shouldn't judge and I am working on it. Especially after this trip to San Fran people are very normal once you get to know them.
6. Disneyland is the happiest place on the earth but it is also a very stressful place. I swear I need a vacation after the vacation.
7. I really enjoy the sun. While in San Francisco it was cloudy a few days but man when that sun came out I was much happier. I went to the park across the street laid down in the sun and read a book. I could do that everyday when the sun shines and it's not 100 degrees.
8. I really like my gospel library app on my phone. It is so nice to have the Book of Mormon and the conference talks right on my phone. I always have my phone so I always have the app with me. I used it a lot on my trips.
9. I like traveling with other families. We went to Disneyland with the Platts and it makes it so much easier to travel. My kids are happy because they have friends. I am happy because I have friends. It is a win win for everyone.
10. I really like being home. As much fun as the past month was it is so nice to be home. I am looking forward to summer and hanging out with my kids more.

1 comment:

  1. Way to be in tune with yourself. But you forgot to mention that you are an amazing example of service and that you are ALWAYS helping others. BTW we like traveling with you guys too, and for the record, the crap across the street is as nice as any hotel we've ever stayed in - someday we'll be penthouse stayers, but for now, that's how we roll and we love it.

    ReplyDelete