Monday, May 16, 2011

San Francisco

I have a new favorite city, San Francisco. I had never been and Ryan had a work conference there so I got the invite. It was wonderful. Three nights, four days of San Fran. I could have stayed longer.


We go there Tuesday around noon and checked in. Then we asked the concierge about tickets to Alcatraz. There was a 2:20 ferry so off we went walking through San Fran on our way to Alcatraz. What a great city. There was a farmer's market that was giving out samples, fresh apples, almonds, hummus,and my favorite almond brittle, YUMMY!!! We made it to the Alcatraz ferry a little early so we switched our tickets and headed over on the 1:45 ferry. When we got to The Rock, both Ryan and I said, "I am so glad I have never been to prison, nor do I ever want to." There is a great history to Alcatraz and it is very fascinating. I learned a lot about The Rock that day and would suggest Alcatraz to anyone going to San Fran.
Ryan and I on the island of Alcatraz. The prisoners said how hard it was to see San Francisco but to not be able to get there. There were some pretty good views of the city.



The next day Ryan was in meetings all day, so I went out and toured the city by myself. I walked through China Town, up some pretty steep hills and steps, found some good shopping, and just enjoyed myself. That night we went to a Giants game, they just happened to be playing the D-backs, of course the D-backs lost. But we had dinner there and then after dinner we walked along the field to get to our seats. I love big companies that can pay for things like this. The game was good but so cold. I had to buy a beanie and a scarf so I wouldn't freeze.


Ryan and I on the field at AT&T park.





On Thursday, Ryan had meetings in the morning so I went out and did a little more shopping, and then took my book to the park across the street and laid down to read and people watch. It was beautiful weather and so nice to be outside. Ryan was done with his conference by one so we had the entire afternoon and evening to hang out. We walked down to Fisherman's Wharf, took a boat ride out on the bay, ate dinner, hung out, and then took a cable car back to the hotel. It was so fun to be with Ryan. We don't get much one on one time but I loved being with him.


Ryan and I on the boat ride with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.



San Francisco is such a beautiful city. I had so much fun and I am hoping next year I get to go with Ryan to this conference. I would love San Fran again but really any place would be nice.
Thanks to Rachelle for watching my kids all week. I never worried about them once.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky - I have never been and it is one place I want to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time, D. I have been a few times but it has been many years. I need to go back! Glad you and Ryan got to sneak away.

    ReplyDelete