Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July

I love the 4th of July. Every year I am reminded once again about how great America is. The Sunday before the 4th I went to church and we sang the patriotic songs. They get me every time. Then in Relief Society the teacher gave a great lesson on patriotism. Then played a DVD of the servicemen from my ward. I was in tears. I can't control myself when I hear the words from "America the Beautiful" my absolute favorite song.
After church we drove up to Show Low and on Monday we enjoyed the parade. Show Low ended up cancelling their fireworks so we just sat outside and enjoyed the lighting show till it started to rain then went in and watched the firework shows from New York City and Washington DC. It was a great day.
"Patriotism should be sought for and will be found in right living, not in high sounding phrases or words. True patriotism is part of the solemn obligation that belongs both to the nation, the individual, and to the home." Joseph F. Smith

"I want to again remind you of your responsibility to preserve the righteousness of America. I have reviewed 4000 years of history, declaring this to be a land of promise, chosen of the Lord for his special purposes. Now we must deal with America's future. The land must continue to remain strong and great and good. It is destined to be the major supplier of human and financial resources, to build the kingdom of God here in the whole world, and to prepare the world for the return of the Lord and Savior. The adversary knows all too well that a weak America will literally stop this building process and thwart the work of God." L. Tom Perry

I know I have a responsibility to teach my children and ensure that America stays great.

Jack, Kate, Jay and Dyan at the parade.

Kate at the parade. I loved her dress but I was a little worried since it was white but it didn't get too dirty.


Kate, Jay and Jack enjoying the parade.

Rachelle and Kate hanging out at Randy's house.









1 comment:

  1. good quotes, reminds me of "the future" mom made us sing... "American is great because American is good, if America continues to be good America will continue to be great"

    ReplyDelete