Friday, July 15, 2011

Rathen's farewell

Rathen is leaving on a mission to Raleigh, North Carolina on July 20, 2011.
I can't believe he is old enough to go. He is not even my child and I think he has grown up too fast. Rathen's farewell was awesome. Rhett talked on why he wanted to serve a mission. He gave a powerful testimony for a 13 year old. Then all the boys ages 12-23 got up and sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth." I totally felt the spirit. When I see a bunch of young men singing on the stand I know the world will be okay for awhile. These boys are wonderful. Then it was Rathen's turn to talk. He will be such a great missionary. He made a little funny on accident. He started his talk by saying when he was a freshman in football his dad taught him a quote that he would never forget. Rathen then went to quote it and was stumped. He looked at his dad (Randy) got a little help then went on to give a great talk. Rathen will do well on his mission. I know he has a testimony and many doors will be opened to him.
The picture below is all of Ryan's family. We realized last minute that we were all around so we got a quick snapshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment