Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Grandpa

My Grandpa Harry Goodman passed away yesterday after living 95 wonderful years. When I think about my Grandpa many memories come to me. I remember driving home from Karrie's volleyball games from Thatcher. I swear my Grandpa would drive 100 miles per hour down the middle of the street. And since we were in the Cadillac there was a good chance I was in the middle seat and I could see it all. I still don't know how we made it home.
I also think about how he was able to seal Ryan and me in the temple. He had to get special permission from the church to do it since he was no longer a sealer when I got married. I am so glad he did. I don't remember anything advice but I remember being grateful that my grandpa was the sealer. I also appreciate the example he was to me. He loved the temple and was not afraid to admit it. I remember my dad telling me how sad grandpa was when he could no longer physically work in the temple. He enjoyed going and working in the temple.
Last night after he passed away I went to his house and I was reminded again of my great family. It is a legacy from him. Many cousins were there and we were able to talk and share memories. We joked that there was a baseball game on and how it wouldn't be the Goodman's without one. I have a great family and I can thank my grandparents for that.
I know my grandma is sad and so I am, but last night all I could think about was the great reunion that my grandpa had with his mom and dad and 11 brothers and sisters. I know I will see him again and appreciate the lessons in life that he taught me.

B. Harry Goodman 11-11-1915 to 7-27-2011

3 comments:

  1. I read all these post and I remember another thing - so glad for our family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. Thanks for the lovely post. So glad you and your sisters have blogged the memories. I had forgotten so many of them. 95 years, and in great health until the last few years, and he never lost his mind, such a blessing....if only we could all be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dyan for the wonderful post. I remember something new with each post I read.

    ReplyDelete