Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christopher Creek

The annual Goodman Family Camp out at Christopher Creek, with half the family missing. Every year I think about opting out, but then I think about how much fun my kids and me have and I go. It is a lot of work to camp, food to buy, clothes to pack, car to load up but once I am there I am happy. I love watching the kids just play. No TV, phones, DS's, nothing, just good old fashion playing outside. I am getting spoiled because my kids are older and I have two wonderful nieces, Taylor and Kyley, that take care of Kate for me. It's great all I have to do is laugh and enjoy myself.
Here are the highlights:
Jay loved the creek.
Kate loved learning to step on the rocks in the creek.
Jack loved catching crawdads, they caught so many. I think it was a record year. Jack also said he didn't like getting pinched by the crawdads though.
Ryan loved watching Jack jump off the high rock, estimated at 40-50 feet. I am glad I was not there to witness the jump. Jay singing "War, huhhh what it is good for?" and Kate being brave in the water.
Dyan loved playing Monopoly Deal with Taylor and Kyley, the question game and beating Wyatt, he is a little competitor, the "I have never game" and losing at it meaning I have done lots and I am not a big loser, and just being with my family. I love that my kids want to play with their cousins and I love that they know there aunts and uncles so well. Can't wait till next year.
Random pictures posted below.

Jack holding a crawdad. It was a banner year catching crawdads, I only hope next year is not a disappointment.

Taylor, Kate and Hannah. It was so nice to have the older girl cousins want to play with the little girls.


Ty, Jack and Jake catching crawdads.

It was so nice to have Ryan and Austin come up for a few hours. I love hanging out with them and wish I could see them more.


Matt and Kate, I just think this picture is too cute.


Jack and Ty. Big posers.


Trying to get a picture of Kyley and Annie but Taylor kept jumping in. That was the signature game of the trip. How many pictures can I get into. It made for some interesting picture taking and we had to be creative if you didn't want certain people in.






















1 comment:

  1. love it - it was a good time, hope you had fun in Cali, I look forward to that post

    ReplyDelete