Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grandma Goodman

My Grandma, Rita Allred Goodman, passed away on Friday. Born August 16, 1917 died May 18, 2012 she was 94 years old and returned to her sweetheart of over 70 years. I am sure the reunion with my Grandpa was sweet. He passed away over the summer. It is weird to think that I have no more grandparents. This thought makes me sad, but then I think of my grandparents who have been reunited and I know that I will see them again. Grandma was a fun and competitive person. I enjoyed going to visit her and getting her to laugh. She had a great laugh. Just this past year I went to visit her with Kate and Kate decided she was a dog so Grandma would throw this little ball that lit up and Kate would crawl to get it. Kate was playing fetch and Grandma thought it was the funniest thing. She got such a kick doing this. I remember going over to her house and playing Rook with her and Grandpa and Ryan. She was competitive and wanted to win. I can still hear her saying "Harry you better have the cards to win, you just bid high." I remember watching ball games with her and not wanting to sit next to her because when she got excited she would poke you with her elbows and she had some pointy elbows.
Grandma was a wonderful person and I know I have been spoiled having her in my life. I am going to miss her but I know she is with my Grandpa and laughing once again.

1 comment:

  1. good post - I think one reason I am so sad is that she is our last it feels weird. Thanks again for the pictures, see you Thursday

    ReplyDelete