Monday, May 21, 2012

Surprise Retirement Party

We pulled off the impossible. We suprised my dad with a retirement party. We had tossed around the idea of a party and my mom decided to make it a surprise. It was really hard to not tell, in fact Jay almost gave it away but I think my dad was truly suprised. It was fun to get together with all my family. We had everyone but Loren, Ryan and Austin plus my uncles and aunts and many cousins. It was hard to keep the kids quiet and inside while we waited for my dad to come home but they did it and once the surprise was over the kids all went outside. I am going to miss subbing for my dad and when I sub for other teachers I am going to miss seeing him at Stapley. He is a great teacher and will be missed by many students. In fact I had some former students write letters and it was so neat to read what they had to say about my dad. He has influenced many lives and will be missed at Stapley Junior High.
 My mom and dad, and I managed to not get Julie in. She kept trying to jump in the picture but I snapped it without her. he he he.
 MacGregor, Annie, Kate, Keelie, Hadlie, and Ella. I asked Gregor if we needed another boy and he said "no." He was okay being the only boy with all these girls.
 Afton, Rowan, Jay, Hallie, Ty, Jack and Raulin. One team in the whiffle ball game. They played forever and had so much fun.
My Ryan riding the trike. In between innings of the whiffle ball game he would have to "drag the field." I was laughing especially when he couldn't pedel up the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment