Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Christopher Creek Camp Out

We had such a great time camping. I love having all the family together hanging out and playing. It was almost a perfect weekend except the rain. I really do not like camping in the rain. I don't like to be wet and I really don't like worrying if all my stuff in the tent is getting wet. But here in AZ when you pray for rain cause it's needed so badly I can't complain too much about getting wet while camping. Besides a good lightening and thunder storm is always fun to watch and listen to. We had a great time and I am already looking forward to next year. It just makes me smile thinking about it.

24 of the 26 grand kids. Only Ryan and Austin are missing. I see this picture and it makes me smile. I love knowing my kids will know their cousins and know their heritage. 

 Joe put together a horseshoe tournament complete with a bracket he made using a Capri sun box. Matt and Kyley were the champs and now get to brag about it for a year. I will go on the record saying I am horrible at horseshoes. I can't seem to throw straight or on target. But I played and tried.
The boys at the water hole. They hiked to the deep water hole and took turns jumping in.
The kids around the campfire and walking the Loop. I love that my Grandpa and Grandma Taylor always walked the Loop when we camp and it's a fun tradition to keep.
 Jack and Jay jumping off the cliff. I wonder how soon they will be doing back flips off cliffs like Ryan? I hope they hold off on that.
Kate with her cousins, Annie, Keelie and Lucille. I am sad that Kate won't have a sister but I love that she has three girl cousins her age. Almost like having three sisters. Kate's favorite part of camping was hopping on the rocks. She loved being in the creek and outside.
Jack catching crawdads. No camping trip is complete until Jack can catch the biggest crawdad. He still has the touch and could spend hours catching crawdads.

No comments:

Post a Comment