Thursday, July 18, 2013

Yellowstone Finally

 

 Yellowstone National Park
We finally made it to Yellowstone and it did not disappoint me at all. I have been wanting to go to Yellowstone for a long time and I am glad I made. We did a lot of driving but it was incredible to see all the animals and the scenery. Holy cow it was beautiful. I loved how there was water everywhere and the rolling hills with mountains in the background. Here we are at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It was 300 and something steps down but well worth it.                                                                                                       
The kids and Ryan playing in the water. I really think one of Ryan's goals is to do a back flip off as many cliffs as he can. I loved this spot on Lamar River because we were by ourselves except for one couple. I kept waiting for the bear to wonder down by the river to get a drink. But I think we were a little bit too loud for that. Besides if that did happen we would have freaked out.
 
Some of the views of Yellowstone. I wish I had a good camera and could take good pictures because these pictures don't do Yellowstone justice. We had rain a few days in the park which made for come chilly nights and some beautiful rainbows.

 
Some of the wildlife out on the range and Old Faithful. Funny story about the elk. We all got out to see the elk except Jay and Jeremy. I had given Jay a peanut butter sandwich that he needed to eat before he could have anything else. The day before he had a sandwich and it took him almost an hour to finish it. Well we all got out to see the elk and when I came back the sandwich was gone, including the crust which he never eats. So I asked Jay if he ate all of the sandwich and he told me he did. I was impressed since it had only been about 10 minutes that he had it. Later that night we were talking with Jeremy and I mentioned how Jay had finished his sandwich. Jeremy then laughs and says really because as soon as you all left the car to look at the elk, there was a lot of movement in the car and it looked like Jay was up to something. He never said Jay threw the sandwich out the window but it was implied. I have since asked Jay about the sandwich and he swears he ate it. I have no choice but to believe him but I will monitor his peanut butter sandwich intake from now on.
We had a great time and we really do live in a beautiful world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment